What is nutrition?
Nutrition is a comprehensive approach to your diet and the quality of your diet. It considers the full process of digestion and absorption as well as any underlying deficiencies.
It also includes the environmental, psychological and behavioural aspects of food and eating. Nutritionists review both macro nutrients in the form of carbohydrates, fats, proteins as well as micro nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
How can a nutritionist help you?
Nutrition principles are applied throughout the lifecycle; from pregnancy, infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood and the ‘older’ adult. The relationship between diet and health is strong.
Diet is an important factor in heart disease, stroke, hypertension, cancer, diabetes mellitus and obesity.
Meal plans and specialist programs can be designed for your individual health requirements, which might include detox, weight loss, auto-immune protocols, allergy and intolerances, hormonal balance and skin care.
A nutritional consultation provides you with personalised dietary advice to help you manage your health and wellbeing..
A consultation includes:
- Taking a detailed case study and health history
- Analysis of your eating habits and lifestyle
- Assessing and defining your health goals
- Prescribing personalised nutrition plans
- Assessing vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Prescribing vitamins, mineral and amino acid supplements
- Providing advice on cooking methods and recipes