1 1/2 cups raw macadamias
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 cup desiccated coconut – plus extra
1 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
Zest of one lemon
6 drops pure lemon essential oil
10 soft fresh medjool dates (stones removed)
- Pop the macadamias, cashews and coconut into a food processor and blitz until it looks like fine crumbs.
- Add the vanilla, zest and essential oil and pulse until combined well.
- With the motor running, add the dates one at a time until the mixture comes together like dough.
- Roll the mix into small bite-size balls and refrigerate (it helps if your hands are slightly wet, so keep a bowl of cold water nearby to dip your hands in).
- Roll in some extra coconut if desired and these will keep for about 10 days in the fridge – no guarantee they won’t be eaten before then though!
About the Author
Dr Juanita Jolly
Balance Complementary Medicine
Juanita is the principal practitioner and clinical director. A highly qualified doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and a Naturopath, Juanita has undertaken extensive studies in both Naturopathic and Traditional Chinese Medicine / Acupuncture. Juanita has completed further post-graduate studies in Japanese acupuncture, TCM obstetrics, fertility support, cosmetic acupuncture, cellular health testing and specialised comprehensive health status screening.
Special interests: Complex health conditions, hormonal health, fertility (men and women), IVF support, children’s health, digestive issues/allergies, and cosmetic acupuncture.