Oh yum! This is winter warming goodness on uberdrive. Earthy spices, sweet banana goodness and milk combine to deliver a smashingly flavoursome Latte to keep the winter chills away. This is quite a thick drink, almost like a soup. You may choose to add extra milk or water for a less intense flavour experience.
1 (140g) ripe banana – the riper the sweeter
1 teaspoon turmeric
¾ teaspoon mixed spice
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon cloves
⅛ teaspoon cardamom
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
250ml milk of choice
- Combine spices and 2 tablespoons boiling water in a Nutri bullet or food processor. Process until spices are no longer lumpy. Ideally, pour these spices into a saucepan and stir over medium heat whilst completing the next steps.
- Add banana and process again until smooth.
- Add milk and repeat.
- Transfer to the saucepan and rinse out the blender with a little water, add this to the saucepan too.
- Continue stirring on medium high until warmed through.
- Add maple if you think it needs it. I do not have a particularly sweet tooth but am occasionally reminded by my talented taste testers that others do.
Lou’s mission is to encourage people young and old to enjoy delicious, nutritious, conscious eating and the practise of cooking real food. “I want you to love spending time in the kitchen in meditative peace and creative chaos!”