Chia pudding is such a simple breakfast or snack idea for work or university that you can make easily the night before.
It is filling, nutritious and rich in omega-3 fatty acids to aid cognitive function, neurotransmission, synaptic plasticity and membrane fluidity within our nervous system.
– 40g (1/4 cup) chia seeds
– 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt
– 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
– 1/2 cup coconut or soy milk
– Desired toppings (I used fresh peaches, passion fruit and pumpkin seeds)
– Combine the chia seeds, coconut yoghurt, flaxseeds and coconut milk in a bowl until well combined
– Place in the fridge for at least an hour, but preferably overnight to thicken
– Simply serve with your favourite toppings and enjoy!
About the Author
I am currently in my final year at Torrens University studying a Bachelor of Health Science (Clinical Nutrition). I have been so incredibly grateful to see so many patients in student clinic this year, and have found a deep interest/connection to the brain/nervous system and all its ailments.
Everything from of mental health, cognitive function, ADHD, addictions, alzheimers/dementia to depression, anxiety, OCD and eating disorders are so incredibly interesting to me and I would absolutely love to focus on this in my own clinic in the near future.