by Michele Chevalley Hedge from A Healthy View
I love a one-tray dinner – mainly because I love cooking, but I don’t love cleaning up. I usually prepare the marinade the night before so the flavours can really soak in while I’m at work. If you like this marinade, double or triple it next time for future meals. And use up whatever veggies you have in the crisper drawer – the real key here is that delicious sauce.
Prep: 50 mins.
- 1 x 650 g beef fillet, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, quartered and cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To make the marinade, blend the vinegar, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and mustard until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
- Divide the mixture in half and set aside.
- Place the beef strips in a bowl and pour over half the marinade. Turn to coat and set aside. (If you are marinating the beef for a few hours or overnight, cover the bowl with plastic film and place in the fridge.)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Oil a large roasting tin and place in the oven to preheat.
- Coat the onion and sweet potato with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast in the preheated tin for 10 minutes.
- Coat the capsicum, asparagus and zucchini with the remaining oil and season with pepper and the remaining salt. Add to the tin and roast for a further 10–15 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Preheat the oven grill to hot.
- Move the vegetables to the outer edges of the tin (making sure there is still space between them so they become crisp and caramelised; it’s better to use two tins if you don’t have one tin large enough).
- Arrange the marinated beef in a single layer in the centre and place
under the grill for 5 minutes, then turn the beef and vegetables over and grill for a further 3 minutes.
- Allow the beef to rest for 5 minutes, then serve with the vegetables and the remaining marinade on the side.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michele Chevalley Hedge
Michele Chevalley Hedge was previously a marketing manager so she truly understands the needs of time-poor corporate executives who, family or not, want health but not hassle. She is often introduced as “the modern day nutritionist – the one who likes a bit of wine and coffee.”
Michele’s clinical practice and experience allow her to share stories of patients and their nutritional transformation which give the audience goose bumps – the kinds of stories that can only be heard if you are at the coal face with clients. Recognising her sensible approach to nutrition, four years ago, Wiley Publishing commissioned Michele to write Beating Sugar Addictions for Dummies. Michele then went onto to write The Healthy Hormone Diet- a 28 day plan for rebalancing your weight, energy, and sleep. And in 2019 Michele released a number one best seller, Eat, Drink & Still Shrink– a busy person’s joyful guide for living.
Last year, Michele’s business, A Healthy View, expanded to New York and the US with the addition of her online programs. Passionate, authentic and knowledgeable, Michele has several degrees and a diploma of Nutritional Medicine and is a member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society. Michele is an educator, storyteller, and passionate researcher.