Recipe by Rachel Aldridge from In Natures Hands
When we want to support the gut ‘food as medicine’ is a great way to start doing this – and I love using gelatin. It’s a complete protein source which provides essential amino acids necessary for tissue building and repair – including repairing the mucosal lining of the gut.
I love gummies as part of my gut health routine – and I love my coffee, so why not combine the two loves here!
Almond Latte Gummie
1/4 cup gelatin (I use Nutra Organics)
1/2 cup of filtered water
250mls of a good quality almond milk latte. If you use bad tasting coffee these will taste bad – so always go good!
- Put the gelatin into a small bowl, mix in the water with a fork and let it “bloom” for 5 minutes
- Whilst the gelatin is doing this put the almond milk latte into a small saucepan on the stove and warm – don’t boil, just warm enough for the gelatin to dissolve
- Once the 5 minutes is up I slice the gelatin in the bowl into cubes and then place into the coffee mixture, gently whisking until all dissolved
- Pour into moulds or even into a square tupperware container and place into the fridge for about an hour to set
- Cut up or pop out of the moulds and store in the fridge in an airtight container for about a week
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Gut health is my jam!
I love empowering people to understand their body and how it relates to their gut health. Health and wellness should not be overwhelming – I address the WHY things are out of balance in a fun way and put together a plan to not only get you functioning well now but how you can keep it that way.
My passion for naturopathy and gut health was sparked when I was experiencing my own gut issues many years ago and the only person who could bring everything back into balance was a naturopath. This was a game changer for me – not only for my health but finally inspired me to follow my “gut feelings” and study to become a naturopath.
My background is in the corporate world, so I do know the stresses and the balancing act that comes with budgets and deadlines. I believe my experience here allows me to bring a unique perspective when working with my clients to reduce the overwhelm that often comes with (but shouldn’t) wellness.
Life isn’t all green smoothies … I also have a keen love of a great coffee (as you will see on my social media), but life is all about balance, right!